Tips & Strategies
Tips & Strategies to Prepare for the Job Search:
- Use energetic words to describe yourself in your resume, cover letter, and interview (e.g., "energetic", "change-oriented", "creative", "adaptable").
- Be current in your self-presentation, adopting recent hairstyles and clothing.
- Consciously smile and open your eyes widely.
- Use enthusiastic body movements.
- Sit and stand tall.
- Pick up the pace and volume of your speech.
- Plan responses to interview questions that deliberately describe vigorous physical or mental activity.
- Eat many small meals to increase your energy level (I eat every 3 hours, snacking on fruit and energy bars).
- Challenge yourself physically and mentally by learning a new software program, a new dance move.